Areas of Expertise
Social Media Management
Baking Pies in Jars
Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, SumAll
Media Production: Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, Windows Movie Maker, Camtasia Studio 7, Camtasia for Mac 2, Snagit
Writing: analytics reports, usability guides, documentation, content strategy, social media strategy, grant writing, research proposals
Digital Marketing Manager (November 2013—Present)
Digital Marketing Associate (February 2012—October 2013)
Jewish Community Centers Association, New York, NY
- Develop JCC Association websites using custom WordPress themes and child themes that adhere with brand standards.
- Act as project manager for JCC Association’s extranet, including writing comprehensive documentation, providing internal and external technical support, and maintaining blog content.
- Lead webinar training with JCC Professionals across the continent about marketing, social media strategy, and technical support of JCC Association web properties
- Create social media marketing campaigns to draw new attendees to our continental programming.
- Compile monthly analytics reports that asses each website, social media presence.
Freelance Web Developer (January 2011—Present)
- Produce custom WordPress themes to meet each company’s needs, often including custom post types.
- Provide documentation, empowering companies to update websites without developer assistance.
Social Media Intern (May 2011—December 2011)
TechSmith Corporation, Okemos, MI
- Engaged and monitored the online community across ten English language Twitter handles, four Facebook fan pages, YouTube, Google+, and Get Satisfaction.
- Assisted customers with technical support and directed them to multiple resources for further help
- Analyzed the effectiveness of TechSmith’s social presence using multiple analytics reports and resources
- Successfully wrote and pitched Facebook landing page and Twitter background re-design strategies to the Project Marketing Manager
- Produced instructional documentation using Snagit and Jing screen capture software
- Developed several blog series including individual pieces on TechSmith’s “20 Educators to Watch,” a view of TechSmith employees in “Meet TechSmith,” and various other posts about social media
- Edited and produced video interviews and projects using Camtasia for Mac and Camtasia Studio 7
Peer Writing Consultant and Social Media Coordinator (November 2010—December 2011)
Writing Center at Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Designed and executed a social media marketing plan
- Created and managed a staff development workshop on social media
- Wrote a variety of blog posts related to social media and writing, as well as my experience with peer consultations.
- Consulted students of various cultural backgrounds in composing and revising a wide range of genres and documents including research papers, resumes, and creative work in person and online using Second Life
- Led workshops on topics ranging from writing essays to using digital media
Resident Mentor (August 2009—December 2011)
Residence Life at Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Facilitated workshops and created bulletin boards to meet the needs of a diverse student population while broadening their multicultural awareness
- Supported 40+ students’ academic, social, and emotional needs
- Established, maintained, and reinforced a positive, healthy living-learning environment in an international dormitory
- Organized unique activities and programs to help create an enjoyable campus experience for residents
- Mediated conflict between residents and was a first-responder for emergency situations such as fires, natural disasters, and severe conflicts
Communications Management Intern (August 2010—December 2010)
Writing, Rhetoric, & American Cultures Department, East Lansing, MI
- Co-developed and implemented a new communications strategy to create a cohesive identity for a newly merged department with three distinct programs (first year writing, undergraduate Professional Writing, and graduate studies Rhetoric & Writing)
- Designed and executed a social media marketing plan
- Wrote an official department style guide for web content
- Developed and published content for their website, including blog posts and portfolio pieces, about departmental events, awards, and projects produced by students and faculty
Videographer and Editor (April 2010—August 2010)
Swagger, New York, NY
- Co-created a social media marketing plan for Twitter and Facebook to emulate the plan in place for Swagger Paris
- Edited and produced videos using Final Cut Pro, including the featured “About Us” video for the initial launch of Swagger New York
- Filmed interviews with select trend setters in various locations
- Conceptualized and created wireframes for the Facebook landing page
- Tech LadyMafia, member (April 2012—present)
- Hack’n Jill, designer (June 2012—present)
- NASA Social, invited attendee (November 2012)
- Beer Rhetorics, evangelist (May 2011—present)
- Jamming for Japan, co-coordinator and graphic designer (February 2011—April 2011)
B.A. with Honor from Michigan State University, December 2011
Professional Writing (major); Emphasis in Digital/Technical Writing
Theater (minor); Digital Humanities (specialization)
Outstanding Senior Award, Senior Class Council at Michigan State University, Fall 2011
Dean’s List, Fall 2008—Fall 2011
Michigan Competitive Scholar, Michigan State University, Fall 2008—Fall 2011
Excellence in Social Media Scholarship, WRAC Department, Fall 2010